1. Find and read Matthew 4: 18 - 22. This tells the story of the beginning of the new life for some of Jesus' disciples.
2. What did Jesus ask these men to do?
3. What did Jesus say He would do for them?
Jesus has done the same with you. He calls you to follow Him and He wants you to tell others about Him. Notice, Jesus doesn't only work with one person - He gets a group together so they can work in a group - this is the church.
In prayer: Thank Jesus for calling you to follow Him. Thank Him for others who share this experience with you - your Christian friends.
1. Find and read Acts 2: 41 - 42.
2. This tells the experience of the first day of the Christian church. What were the four things they did together as the church?
( i.) _________________________________________________________________
( ii.) ________________________________________________________________
( iii.) ________________________________________________________________
( iv.) ________________________________________________________________
(Today, the church does the same, though in different ways.)
3. Why do you think it is important to meet together with other Christians?________________________________________________________________________
In prayer: Ask God to help you play a positive part in your church so these things can take place.
Some people think of the church as a building on a street corner with nothing important to do, but look at these verses:
1. Find and read 1 Peter 2: v 9-10.
2. Have you any idea what these terms mean?
( i.) Chosen race _______________________________________________________
( ii.) King's priests ______________________________________________________
( iii.) Holy nation _______________________________________________________
( iv.) God's own people __________________________________________________
3. What is an important role for the church?
In prayer: Thank God for these great verses and ask Him to help you to tell His good news to others.
SECTION 3 & 4:
1. Find and read Acts 8:35.
This is part of a story which begins at verse 26 and tells how Philip shared the good news of Jesus with a complete stranger.)
2. How do you feel about telling others of your experience of God?
excited bible study bible study bible study bible study bible afraid
0 __________ 1 __________ 2 __________ 3 __________ 4
Some people wonder what they should say to others about the Gospel.
3. Are there a few people with whom you would like to share the good news about Jesus? (Perhaps family or friends who wouldn't mind hearing about this important relationship that has started in your life.)
Maybe you would like add their name (s) here ___________________________________
In prayer: Pray for the chance to tell your friends and others about Jesus.
THE NEXT STEP
Having taken your first steps it's important to continue the journey and further develop your relationship with God.
If your currently don't attend a Church group let me encourage you to join one. It is also important to join a Bible Study Group. As this will enable you to grow and learn from other Christians. They can help you in your walk with Jesus and encourage you when things get tough. Some topics that may interest you are as follows.
May God bless you as you experience more of what it means to be His child.
Pastor David Brown